Work with Us
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Hours: Part Time 20 hours/week over 3 consecutive days (must have weekend and holiday availability).
Sales & Product Knowledge
- Identify customer needs and make thoughtful recommendations.
- Build client relationships - as a community store, we have regular customers. You must feel comfortable learning names of frequent customers and engaging in conversation that will help identify customer needs / preferences and build meaningful relationships.
- Familiarity with new and existing products. Includes but is not limited to benefits and uses, how and where the product is made as well as the maker behind the product.
- Use product knowledge to help customers curate gifts whether by usage or budget.
- Ensure every person who enters the shop is greeted, thanked and helped during their visit.
- Communicate with customers via email, phone and text regarding order updates or special requests.
- Opening and closing the shop on your own.
- Unpacking, receiving and tagging new inventory.
- Shop upkeep: cleaning, restocking, merchandising, etc. (must be able to lift 30 lbs)
- Pull and pack online orders for local pick-up and shipping.
- Gift wrapping skills a must!
- Instagram: you know how to use filters and are able to capture an aesthetically pleasing moment to share on social. You’re comfortable with stories and engaging on social media. Maybe you can Reel?
- Basic photography skills: you’re comfortable or have experience with product photography. We’re not looking for anything fancy, just the ability to snap cohesive product shots for our website.
- Shopify experience: do you have experience maintaining a Shopify website? We want to hear about it!
- Spanish speaker.
- Local to Ridgewood. This is a community store and we’d love nothing more than to employ someone local who appreciates the neighborhood as much as we do. Not a requirement though!
- Experience working with kids - maybe you have one, maybe you've taught, maybe you've babysat?
Candidates should be:
- Friendly, outgoing, and loves chatting with people. While we love introverts, we need extroverts to engage with customers and help to build and maintain client relationships.
- Familiar with our shop. You’ve been to the store and follow us on Instagram. Maybe you’ve even made a purchase.
- Reliable (can’t stress this enough!).
- Able to work confidently on your own.
- Able to multi-task.
- Previous retail or customer experience preferred but not required.
Benefits include: flexible scheduling and a generous employee discount (for both stores!)
To apply: please send an email to Michelle & Lisa at email@example.com. Include your résumé and availability. Full transparency: pay is $15-18 based on experience with a 3-month review.