Work with Us
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Hours: Part Time 12-20 hours/week (must have weekend and holiday availability).
Sales & Product Knowledge
- Identify customer needs and make thoughtful recommendations.
- Build client relationships - as a community store, we have regular customers. You must feel comfortable learning names of frequent customers and engaging in conversation that will help identify customer needs / preferences and build meaningful relationships.
- Familiarity with new and existing products. Includes but is not limited to benefits and uses, how and where the product is made as well as the maker behind the product.
- Use product knowledge to help customers curtate gifts whether by usage or budget.
- Ensure every person who enters the shop is greeted, thanked and cared for during their visit.
- Communicate with customers via email, phone and text regarding order updates or special requests.
- Help build and promote our customer rewards program
- Opening and closing the shop on your own.
- Unpacking, receiving and tagging new inventory.
- Shop upkeep: cleaning, restocking, merchandising, etc. (must be able to lift 30 lbs)
- Pull and pack online orders for local pick-up and shipping.
- Gift wrapping skills and ability to recognize and pack breakables with care and proper protection.
- Instagram: you know how to use filters and are able to capture an aesthetically pleasing moment to share on social. You’re comfortable with stories and engaging on social media. Maybe you can Reel?
- Basic photography skills: you’re comfortable or have experience with product photography. We’re not looking for anything fancy, just the ability to snap cohesive product shots for our website.
- Shopify experience: do you have experience maintaining a Shopify website? We want to hear about it!
Candidates should be:
- Vaccinated and willing to wear a mask in the store at all times.
- Friendly, outgoing, and loves chatting with people. While we love introverts, we need extroverts to engage with customers and help to build and maintain client relationships.
- Local to Ridgewood. This is a community store and we’d love nothing more than to employ someone local who appreciates the neighborhood as much as we do.
- Familiar with our shop. You’ve been to the store and follow us on Instagram. Maybe you’ve even made a purchase.
- Reliable (can’t stress this enough!).
- Able to work confidently on your own.
- Able to multi-task - holidays can get pretty crazy, you’ll have to be able to check items in, maintain inventory, pull orders and keep shop in between customers. If you get overwhelmed easily, this isn’t the job for you.
- Previous retail or customer experience preferred.
Benefits include: flexible scheduling and a generous employee discount.
To apply: please send an email to Michelle & Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your résumé, availability, pay expectations and why you’d be a good fit for our team.